Saturday 2 July 2011

Let Me Explain My Absence (Or At Least Make Something Up So You Can All Love Me Again)

Alright, so I guess I have some explaining to do. It's been a whole month and a half since I've updated this blog but there's a reason for that. Here it comes. Are you ready for it?












I was in Pediatrics.





Yup.

That's my excuse. Now let me explain why it's a valid excuse because I know what you're thinking. You're probably thinking,

"But Dr. A, Pediatrics must have been hilarious. Crying kids, crazy mothers; a shit ton of hilarious stuff MUST have happened to you!"

The real answer is no, not really. I mean sure you've got the crazy mother who's worried about her crying child, but that's because most of the kids had serious afflictions, and try as I might to spin dead babies into something funny, I just couldn't. It was harsh, it was brutal and I had the world's stupidest resident for a superior (which meant more kids weren't getting the attention or treatment they properly needed). I have however, come to an epiphany of some sort.

I want to be a pediatrician.


Specifically, a pediatric oncologist.


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I've decided to pick the world's most depressing field when it comes to medicine. Do not ask me why ( I don't know myself ) . All I know is that it's something I want to do for the rest of my life, for now.  But again, I doubt any of you really care about what my goals and achievements are. This was just merely an explanation for my absence.

Does this mean I'm ending my blog?


Fuck no.


Why?

Because I've still got one more field left, and judging from how things are going from day 1, it's hopefully going to be the funniest field yet.

To quote one of the great philosophers of anyone's time:


I'm back bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment